My 4 year old.. the Wiccan?

Okay ladies please keep this light hearted. As the regulars know I am Agnostic. I post this with a smile and love as my 4 year old is trying to figure out life. He caught me off guard as we all woke up from an afternoon nap. This was our exchange:
Gabe just asked me.. who makes pigs?
I said pigs make pigs.
He said Who made the FIRST pig?
I said, "We aren't sure.. people haven't always been on the earth. So we're not exactly sure how everything started."
He says, "I think that one girl made the pigs and other people, and she could make other girls."
I asked him, "What is that girls name?" He said, "I don't know." (In his surly way... like I can't know EVERYTHING Mom!)
What do you think ladies, the beginnings of a little Wiccan?

Serafyna

Asked by Serafyna at 5:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think the greatest wisdom comes from the mouths of babes! Smart son you have there. Next thing you know he will be running around skyclad lol (totally joking). Although mine do HA.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 8:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I don't really know how that relates to Wiccan...Maybe he's just being a kid and saying weird stuff like most kids do.
    Anonymous

• Wiccans support the idea of a female higher power, I am sure there are others - that was just the first I thought of.. I was tickled that his gut reaction was that a woman started all life. A matriarchal religious view instead of patriarchal. I just thought it was cute... and I don't think kids say weird things I think a lot of wisdom comes out of their observations about life. I love hearing what my four year old will come up with. :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• why don't you let your four year old be four.
    Anonymous

• Ooo the brave Anon button. Sorry someone peed in your cereal today. I said it was cute and I was tickled? I am letting him be four. It's a light hearted post just appreciating children and life. Take your sh*t stirring stick somewhere else.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Honoring the Mother Goddess already--very advanced for four years old!! Hee-hee!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Hm, it's possible that he senses a higher power. I would not disown it. My daughter, at that age, used to, what I like to call, play with her angels. She would tell them where to sit, how to play, what to say - in her 3 and 4-yr old talk. I remember her definitely playing "piggy toes" with beings I couldn't see and telling her "friend" about her day, gestures and all. I know whatever it was didn't frighten her so I definitely believe it to be a spiritual advisor of some sort. So I would try to encourage it somehow. Ask him what else he thinks.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• don't we teach our kids that mommas have babies? that they are the creators? why would it be any different when they're trying to figure out the big questions? he's four....and perhaps, this thought process will continue..the other day, my hub tried to get my son to say ''mommy's a weiny'' and my 3 1/2 yo smartie said, ''that's silly, dad. mommy's a girl.'' don'tcha just love 'em??
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think its great. Your child is figuring out girls create life, smart one you have there.
    Maybe Wicca is something your child will end up really enjoying one day.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Why would you put that (wiccan) over your child's life. I am sorry....I would, A Believer...A Christian...would start speaking life into my child and let him/her know Who his Creator really is...You need to start praying over your little one esp. when he is asleep..and bind that spirit of wiccan OFF his life...

~K~
    KXDESIGNS

Answer by KXDESIGNS at 6:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2009