Looking to get a makeover? Which brand?

I want that satiny smooth finish. Who has something to where I can acheive this? Thought about MAC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I love Clinque! You should have one in your local store, JC Penny's Belks, Or Dillards. There are more I know but those are the three I usually go to.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My mom's a professional makeup artist, and will actually be in Park City all day tomorrow doing make up for Sundance. I've asked her about makeup before, she said once upon a time MAC used to be high quality makeup, but it isn't so much anymore. She uses Jane Iredale (mineral makeup, but not an MLM or direct sell company), she gives it to me for free and IMO it works really well.
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Mineral makeup is great. It has natural healing properties and allows the skin to breathe. Bare Mineals, Jane Iredale, and Colorescience are all good lines. I'm a medical aesthetician and recommend those lines to all my clients. I have sold Jane Iredale and Colorescience.
    Ferrell_L

Answer by Ferrell_L at 6:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Girl, I would go to Sephora!! They carry tons of brands, so it's not like a department store where you go to the one counter and you're limited to only that brand. Plus, once you buy something, you can ALWAYS bring it back - say, if you buy a foundation and a month later you figure out that it's totally making you break out - they'll take it back.
    Mommy2BabyBrie

Answer by Mommy2BabyBrie at 6:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Go to my website : www.marykay.com/dmitchell28077 and take the Virtual Makeover I am sure that you will love it. Send me an email and let me know how you liked it. My email address is : dmitchell28077@marykay.com
    dawnmitchell

Answer by dawnmitchell at 12:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If you're talking actress/model satiny smooth, you want a professional airbrush. For normal everyday people, you want to fake an airbrush, and to do this, you'll need a good moisturizer, a good concealer, a good foundation (try sephora, and make-up counters, ask for a tester to be made, and take them home), a transparent setting powder (like BE's Mineral Veil), and a kabuki brush. Use them in the order I wrote them, but between the foundation and powder, use the brush very lightly all over your face to softly blend it and make it less strong, and then use the powder, again, very lightly, to set your make-up. You can also use a fine water mist (like the evian misters), instead of the powder, or even in addition to it. Play around with it till you find what works best for you.
    artgeekmama

Answer by artgeekmama at 3:07 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• mac has great products..i would def go with them..they really arent that expensive and last a while..ive used them for probably 5 years now
    avasmom09

Answer by avasmom09 at 2:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2009