Will this work?

I sometimes mash up our food to feed my baby & yesterday I made a really good beef stew but it came out a little spicy. Is there something I can add to it to it's not as spicy for him or just don't even bother to feed it to him at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't even bother feeding it to him. I'm not sure exactly how old your child is, but their digestive system is nothing like ours right now and I wouldnt risk it. Everything your child eats should be bland right now. (I see you posted in 0-12 months) Unless you want to fight a horrible case of indigestion, gas, and belly cramping I would leave the spicy stuff alone and give your baby something else.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 5:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It depends on how "spicy" it is. Our pediatrician told us to give them what we ate, as we ate it when we started table foods...this was at 6-7 months.

If you're talking "burn the mouth, breathing fire" spicy..um..no. Don't give it to him. LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• He is 9 months old. No it's not burn your mouth spicy but there is a kick to it. I decided against giving it to him just yet.
    Anonymous

• I'd give him a taste and see what he thinks. If your family eats spicy foods you can get your baby started on spicy now too as long as it's not too hot.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009