• In the Spotlight:

how do you not know your pregnant?

So i just watched this show on TLC about women who never knew they were pregnant untill they went into labor and had a baby.
Im sorry but i dont believe that crap i can understand not knowing till your like 5months or something if you dont have regular periods but your gonna start to show and your going to feel your baby move and im sorry but once your baby gets so big it doesnt feel like gas anymore.
what does everyone else thing? How can you really not know for the entire time?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't buy it either. You can argue the absence of a period and weight gain, but in my mind it all comes down to fetal movement. There's no denying all that movement in the third trimester. The stories I have heard of a mother not knowing she was pregnant until the last minute all involved young teenage mothers, which in those cases, I chalk it up to their minds not being able to handle what is going on with their body therefore blocking it out. But I've seen those shows on TLC where like a mother of 3 didn't know she was pregnant until she was giving birth.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• some women still get a period and some are in deinal and some have an eating disorder and dont get periods anyway, although they usually find out at about 5 months
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I can't believe it either. I guess if you knew absolutely nothing you might could pull that off. But honestly, who would gain 25lbs or more and not know something was going on?! Course that is just me, I think like you No way!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My old landlord did not know she was pregnant with her son until she had him. She is a very large woman, not fat just large. She is 6 foot 5 inches and built like a football player. She was in Vegas with her parents and started having horrible stomach cramps so they took her to the hospital where she delivered a healthy baby boy. Her father called her husband to tell him that he was a daddy and the husband said "your drunk old man" and hung up on him. It took 5 phone calls to get him to understand that it was the truth and he got on a plane out to vegas to meet his son. The doctors told her since she was so large and broad, that could be why she never felt the baby. She continued to have irregular periods (never where regular) throughout the whole pregnancy.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I don't know. I know a girl who is 8 months pregnant and just found out. However, she took a test in the begining and it said yes and she just ignore it?? Hmmm
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• im sorry your going to know your pregant even if you have periods while pregnant i mean come on you gain alot of weight your boobs hurt your belly grows you feel baby move and i dont care how big you are or how fat you are your going to feel baby move. Iv known some fat fat women and even they feel there baby moving.
    Krazy your friend knew she just was in denial for 8months.
    Anonymous

• yea, i agree...its so weird. i watched the show too, and was and still am like whatever! I dont buy it. Periods or not you still would know...I think they were in pure denial and didnt bother. Its so crazy! there are so many things that I had and i knew i was pregnant with both of my kids and went and got checked and both times I was just barely prego. So i dont know...They are and were on the show to make a show, earn a little cash and WHATEVER!
    Anonymous

• I dont believe in the gaining a lot of weight thing. I am 33 weeks almost 34 and have actually lost a total of 4 pounds throughout the last 34 weeks from my starting weight. Unless I gain 30 pounds in the last 6 weeks, I dont think I will gain A LOT of weight
    Anonymous

• I had a friend who was very suprised at how much and hard my baby kicked when I was pregnant. She said all three of her pregnancies the babies moved so little it never felt more than gas. She knew she was pregnant with them, but it makes me think that maybe some babies are very inactive and perhaps that's why these pregnancies go unnoticed. Either that, or my friend has some very bad gas, lol!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 5:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had a girl that I worked with this summer and she said she never knew she was pregnant not even when her water broke in the living room, not until the pains started and her dad took her to the hospital. She was a very big girl, but still. When we asked her if the baby kicked she said she thought it was hunger pains. She didn't look pregnant, but it was her second. How could she not know? We thought she was really stupid after that.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009