How does it work?

We're getting married in Vegas. I want to call our hotel and ask if they'll give us a group rate. I'm not 100% sure how many people are coming yet they havent all told me. I'm thinking we'll need around 13 rooms. (If the guests WANT to stay right in Vegas)

How does it work for a group rate? I want to put the rooms on "hold", but dont have the $ to be able to pay for that, everybody is going to pay for their own room....and if all 13 rooms arent used do we still have to pay for them?

Anybody know?!

THANKS!

MelaniesMama

Asked by MelaniesMama at 5:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Travel

• He just called the hotel and gave them the number of rooms and they came back with a rate. I don't think we gave them any money to hold them. We may have given our credit card for our first night like you normally do when you make a reservation but that was it.

Let me know if you need anymore help.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yeah i did that, got 6 rooms, we paid for them all but i dont think that matters, YES you get a group rate, it isnt amazing but it is better... and you can tell them who to put next toeach other and who to seperate... which hotel??
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:58 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We were going to use the Luxor if they give a group rate. Thats the one we've already booked for ourselves. If they dont give a group rate I might have to find a different hotel for everybody else.
    MelaniesMama

Answer by MelaniesMama at 10:26 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I CAN HELP WITH LODGING!!
    INSTEAD OF PAYING PER NIGHT YOU CAN PAY PER WEEK- WITH 2-3 BEDRROM VILLAS, RESORTS
    400-500 FOR 8DAYS!!
    ANYWHERE- INCLUDING VEGAS! EVERY 5 BOOKED YOU RECEIVE 100 GIFTCARDS FROM VISA!
    CHECKOUT MY PROFILE- HOPE I CAN HELP-
    GOD BLESS YOU- AND COGRATS ON MARRIAGE!
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 12:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Call My Mom say Gena from CafeMom said to call her 559-321-5886
    She can get you the best Deal.....Her name is Sandra Venegas
    or email her at : theartoftravelbysandra@yahoo.com
    genav

Answer by genav at 12:36 AM on Feb. 6, 2009