FLET BACK HEAD

MY SON IS THREE MONTHS OLD AND HIS HEAD FROM THE BACK IS FLAT. WILL IT GET ROUND WHEN HE GROWS UP OR WILL IT STAY FLAT. I OFTEN PUT HIM IN HIS TUMMY WHAT TO DO>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter is the same, she'll be 3 months next week. I guess only time can tell?.?.?
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 6:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• That usually happens when the baby lays on their backs to much...The skull is soft and shapes to whatever it lays against..So yes it will stay flat if you dont turn him to his side once in a while..just prop a blanket up behind him and lay him on his side! Then rotate from each side to his back once in a while!
    calaid

Answer by calaid at 7:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It will go back to normal. My son is 11 months old, and at three months his doc was talking about a helmet when he sleeps it was so bad. Now his head is just fine and back to normal. :)
    hoopys19

Answer by hoopys19 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my one son had a very flat head, he went fat as a bowling ball when I had to suppliment with formula, and he didn't sit up till he was 8 months old, it's far from flat now, it rounded out all on it's own.
    stillfatmama

Answer by stillfatmama at 7:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my husband is 28 years old with a flat back of the head... that said. try positioning the head differently each time you lay your baby down to sleep that might help
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009