can any one answer this question.....

i am 37 weeks pregnant and i went to the hospital the other night and they said i was 1 cm and 75 percent effaced. i have this pain in my pelvic area and my tailbone hurts i can barely walk becouse of the pain. wat do i need to do or can any one tell me y i hurt so badly

liznkris2009

Asked by liznkris2009 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 37 weeks too.. and my "wonderland" hurts like crazy. Kind of a sharp pelvic pain, especially when I first stand up... Unfortunately for us - its part of being pregnant. Did they mention if your baby is head down? The pressure increase is likely from that. Try taking a warm bath - letting your body float in the water will help give you some relief. You can take a little Tylenol, but I haven't found it to be very useful. Sorry Momma -- almost there!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had that when I was pregnant with my son. It is the baby putting pressure on that area! It is normal and it means you are getting close! I had that for about a month before I had my baby! GL and congrats! You are getting close!
    hilary1122

Answer by hilary1122 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2009