What do you do

When your a full time college student and cant find a job on campus or off campus, and you have a baby on the way and its your first one and you even tried to get into public housing, but you can only get in by yourself your significant other cant get in with you because of his credit, and they tell you you still have to be put on a waiting list so you don't know if you will even have a house when the baby comes. You hard on cash you sold everything you didn't want/use that you have and only have the BARE necessities? Right now i am living on campus in the dorms, which helps some but just what do you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• You let reality sink in and settle for online college, get a good full time job, and live your life! Then when your baby is old enough, if you choose to, put them in daycare, and continue your education...
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 5:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I don't see how you'll be able to finish your education at this time. Your priority needs to be finding a home and a job and providing food, shelter, and medical care for the new human being that will soon be around. Once you get settled into your job and home, then you can look to finishing your education.

Answer by Bmat at 5:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Wow that was hard for me to read... I feel for you, you sound scared. Coming from friends that I have had over the years, they gave up school/college for their babies, worked and struggled. But there was one thing that they did do, they made it! They both have great lives now, kids are 12 and 16 and they are no worse for the wear. And above all I'm so proud of them, they were single Moms but didn't rely on anyone to get them through it. They did it and they should be so proud of themselves.. So with that said you can do it too, and you aren't alone, when you start working you will realize that there are a lot of Moms out there just like you....
    Anonymous