Is it bad that I was drinking wine before I knew I was pregnant? Someone told me it should be okay in the first two weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Actually they say the most damage is done in the first couple months but thats why women tend to miscarry then. If you havent then I am thinking you should be ok. I didnt know I was pregnant with my first and went to Tijuana and had tons of fun. Shes almost 20 now and was advanced gifted etc.

Answer by gemgem at 6:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• It has been years ago for me, but when I was pregnant we understood that a glass of wine occasionally would not be harmful. For reassurance, check with your ob.

Answer by Bmat at 6:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Not the greatest obviously, but you and your baby will be fine. It was very early. A lot of women are still drinking before they find out that they are pregnant. Shoot, there are some women out there that do a lot of drugs before they knew. You'll both be ok.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had a few drinks on NYE and was terrified when I found out I conceived on December 21st! My doctor said it was fine since it was early on and I had a wonderful little baby girl. Don't be too hard on yourself. Now that you know, I am sure you'll stay away. I can't imagine that wine is even as bad as hard liquor. I had about a half a glass while I was pregnant (and knew about it) all it did was make me tired!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009