Please tell me there is a way to prevent stretch marks even if they are supposed to be genetic. Has anyone been able to prevent them even if their mom had them? I exercise, drink tons of water, and use revitol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! and they still showed up, and they're still there... I hate them :(
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 6:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Sorry, but their isnt any good news for you! Stretch marks are genetic... and no lotions are going to help prevent them. I did EVERYTHING to prevent mine... and boy do I ever have stretch marks! Good luck though! If you do find something that helps you should probably let us all know lol*
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Nope theres nothing you can do. Either you get them or you dont. I didnt get any until the last 2 weeks of my first pregnancy. Then I woke up and it looked like I had a map to nowhere on my belly.

Answer by gemgem at 6:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• its called mommy-scars. i dont hate them at all. they always remind me of my pregnancy.

they either show up or not. all those things people tell you that should work to prevent... mhhh never heard of anyone who did those things and it helped ;)

it always depends on your skin
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• sorry cant help ya if your going to get them you are going to get them and no matter what you do its going to happen if its ment to. but heres alittle positive upside my mother and grandmother both had them really bad I never did get any with my first and i didnt use anything but just your regular lotion got lucky i guess. Im pregnant again and dont use nothing and still havnt gotten any now thats not to say i wont but nothing yet. So maybe you will maybe you wnt.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You can try anything you want, what people reccomend etc. I won't tell you it's a lost cause just because, my mom got them good, but for my first pregnancy I only had a few small ones and the next 2 pregnancies I was good and didn't get any. This pregnancy I used a lot of cocoa butter lotion and it worked well. (The soft skin and silkyness was great :P) Now if it actually prevented them, no idea. I think it worked well for me, but it might not for others. I think the best thing to do if you really don't want to get them, is try anything you can and if you don't get them, sweetness, but if you do, take it with a grain of salt. We're Mom's. It's what we do LOL
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Try not to gain too much weight. I think that is a big factor. I started out small and gained 25 lbs, not one stretch mark! We'll see if it holds true the second time around.
    Anonymous

• I used cocoa butter twice a day. After a shower in the AM and then before bed. I also used baby oil in the shower. I didnt get any and gained 60 pounds and I am 4ft 11. But everyone is different. I cant say that is the prevention but what worked for me may not work for others.... but hey its worth a shot!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009