I am new so forgive me for just asking...... I have a 4 month old and have now returned back to work full time, I really am wanting to continue breast feeding. I have tried pumping but I really have no time at work and get interupted a lot. Any suggestions before I go dry? Or how do I increase the production?

mamagot2boys

Asked by mamagot2boys at 6:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Since you can't pump during the day maybe you could just breastfeed at night. Or maybe if you could visit your baby on your lunch break and breastfeed him there. This will keep you from drying up completely. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had to pump in the bathroom stall! I took 15 minute "pumping breaks" in the one place I wouldn't be interrupted...unfortunately, after 6 months, my son decided he didn't want to breastfeed anymore even at night.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Look into a Whisper Wear pump. It goes under your shirt and no one is the wiser. I believe Medela also makes a hands free pump now too, but not 100% sure.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I went back to work when my son was 3 months. I slowly stopped a feeding during the day and substituted it with a bottle every few days until I was nursing in the morning, evening, at night and during the night. My body adjusted to this and I never pumped. I nursed him this way (my daughter too) for 9 months. It really worked out great for us.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009