What else do I need?

Alright I'm moving into my first house. I'm making a list of everything I'll need. This is what I have so far...

Lawnmower
Entertainment Stand
Dresser
Coffee Table
Kitchen Table/Chairs
Pots & Pans
Washer & Dryer
Salt & Pepper Shakers
Silverware
Plates/Bowls/Cups
Shovels
Towels & Washcloths
Measuring Cups
Couch/Bed
Tv/Dvd/Vcr
Lamps
Microwave

That's all I have. Am I missing anything?

Then also the things I'll need right away...

Paper Towels/Napkins
Tissues
Toilet Paper
Salt & Pepper
Ketchup & Mustard
Butter

Anything more there that I'm forgetting?

Thanks so much for the help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• pillows, bed linens, mattress cover and pad, rugs, toilet brush, toilet cleaner, drain cleaner, dish soap, soap, personal items of course such as shampoo, toothpaste. Rags for cleaning. plus some kind of cleaning product, vacuum or broom, maybe a mop, clothes detergent, dryer sheets, stain remover, iron?, a small set of tools- small hammer, 2 kinds of screwdrivers, picture hanging hardware, a small package of nails and sandpaper, some kind of room deodorizer or plug in thingie, a couple extension cords, some candles and matches in case of power outage, plus flashlights and batteries, bandaids and other first aid equipment, aspirin, tylenol, other medicine cabinet supplies, scissors, sewing supplies, yardstick for reaching, work gloves if you have a yard, rubber or disposable gloves to protect your hands inside, too.

Answer by Bmat at 6:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• SO- I lived in my house for 2 weeks before my furniture arrived... lemmie give you a more PRACTICAL list then the last poster... some of that stuff just isn't neccessary right away....

A shower CURTAIN.. that's essential. Or you'll be SOL for showers, no matter what you have to clean yourself with....Pots/pans. A wooden spoon and spatula are the essentals...you can deal with just about anything using those, until you have more cash later. Can opener bc you'll prolly live off of canned food for a while (or if you wanna go real cheap- check every can you buy for the pull tabbed lids...lol). Dish-cleaning soap, a sponge, laundry supplies, a strainer, and a broom.

livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 3:40 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• That's the BARE essentials. if you have time to buy, save and prepare, you can get into other stuff. Trust me, I've survived on this!! You can deal with a headache by takin a bath- you can deal with a cold by wipin your nose. Don't worry about medicine just yet. Tools are helpful, but you can always plead with your hunky neighbor !!! a qulit on your bed will work till you can afford a bedset. a broom will sweep the floor, a rag will mop it. There's not much that dishsoap can't clean so you can use that until later too... don't waste your money on paper plates and plastic silverware- that gets more expensive then just buying dishes. $12 at walmart will get you a whole set of dishes. It's worth it! If I think of anything else I'll write more later!!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 3:42 AM on Jan. 16, 2009