Am I a horrible person for doing this?

I took my son to the park to play with him recently. While we were there a couple of other kids came up and wanted to play. My son doesn't get to play a lot with other kids outside of school so I was okay with the idea. Well, one of the kids (the older - the other was my son's age) turned out to be a totally annoying know-it-all. Well guess what, they showed up again. I had other stuff I was doing at the park with my son, and decided to go to a different part of the park and then leave, knowing they wanted to play. I just couldn't deal with the know-it-all kid today. Am I a horrible person for doing this? Has anyone else ever left somewhere because of a reason like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ive left because of idiot moms.

Answer by gemgem at 6:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• lol, i have idiot neighbors that annoy me, your good, your not bad at all, i would of done the same. I hate annoying kids.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• HAHA. i totally understand you.

Some kids can be really annoying. Thats because of their parents are probably annoying too.

My aunt is talking sooooooooo much, she barely takes a breath when she talks 10sentences. My niece (her daughter of course) is even worse. Not like she knows everything better, but talks just way too much, it makes your ears bleed.

When i was 16 i started training school as a daycare teacher. We had some of those i-know-everything-kids there too and i said: "OMG i never want to have a child!".. haha.

you didnt do anything wrong. ;) and you are def. not a bad person.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Nope, I think most of us have done this and will.
    Anonymous

• No who cares if you left...Moms do that all the time.

Once my son who has a type of autism threw sand at some girls, I of course said sorry and told him not to, but their mom gave me a dirty look and left immediately.

If I see a germy sick kid..or one who is doing dangerous stunts at the playground, you won't see me having my son play right there either...LOL...and yes I would avoid them too.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 6:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• No your not horrible!
    CherylLynn

Answer by CherylLynn at 6:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Nope, you're not horrible. I've gone so far as to not answer the door when our annoying neighbor comes over! I feel terrible because she's just a kid, but she is just so bossy and she talks down to my children. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for that kind of crap and I'm afraid I'll say something mean to her.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Nah you are not horrible.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Why deny your child play time for your own selfish reasoning? Maybe your son would have enjoyed playing with his peers, but, you denied him this for your own personal issues. Suck it up and deal so your child can socialize.
    Anonymous

• Anon 5:35 - He sat there pouting most the time last time he played with these kids anyway, and when I left this park I took him over to another where there were 2 other boys his age for him to play with. So he still got to socialize.

Anonymous