how do i know when im ovulating?

how do i know when im ovulating, me and my husband will liek to have a boy this time around and would liek to know how to calculate when i ovulate.

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The calculation thing is kinda tough....it was for me anyways...you really need a book to read and figure it out.....(I am bad at computations =)

But I could tell when I was ovulating b/c I had period type cramps in the middle of the month.

Good luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• -- ovulation kit
    -- symptoms like cramps, pain in lower back/ abdomen, whitish discharge to name a few.
    -- raise in body temperature. u can track that with a basal thermometer
    Debrex

Answer by Debrex at 6:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I always ovulate on day 7. In fact, today is day 7 and sure enough, I felt it in my left ovary. Luckily, Dh has had a big V...no baby for me...It varies from woman to woman. Ten to 14 days is the average. Watch for egg white discharge and heightened libido. Have fun.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. You take your temp every morning before you get out of bed. Your temp will go up the day after you ovulate and will stay up until you have your period or you will be pg and it will stay up. You will ovulate about the same time every cycle. Your cervical fluid will also be similar to egg whites when you are ovulating. There is tons more info in the book though
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 15, 2009