do any of you have a schedule?

like do you have acertain thing you do at a certain time daily wiht your family? such as dinner, baths bedtime?..and when did you start it and how long did it take for your kids to get used to it?

vadasmom

Asked by vadasmom at 6:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• we have a schedule since our DD was born. so basically there wasnt anything for her to get used to, she doesnt know it any different. Sometimes, when we are at my parents house (usually at the weekends) our schedule gets mixed up, because they eat later and such. but thats not a problem at all. and im not one of those mommys who say: "OMG its 6pm we need to have dinner NOW!".. haha, thats no fun. the schedule of when we do what always depends on when our DD wakes up in the morning and how long she needs for breaksfast ect :)

so its actually a daily routine.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think mine got lost 2 hrs after I wrote it!
    No, every time that I have tried a schedule something happens that I have to change things around, So I just juggle everything!
    CherylLynn

Answer by CherylLynn at 6:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Oh YES. I couldnt live without a schedule I would go insane. I started it from birth so I dont know how long it takes someone to get their kids used to it.My schedule right now is: We wake up, take older kids to school, have breakfast, some TV time while I do my college work, play educational games, and do any errands we need to do. After that we get ready and go pick up the older kids. They do homework, baths, and have computer/game system time, then go to their rooms BY 8pm. I dont care if my teens go to bed but they are in their rooms. We have dinner no later then 6:30, some days earlier, little kids get baths at 7pm and then straight to bed.

Answer by gemgem at 6:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• When my girl were young I had a schedule. I started it when they were old enough to go by it. Around age 2 or 3. They went to bed at the same time every night,even weekends. they took a nap at the same time every day. They ate lunch and dinner at the same time every day. If you start your kids on a schedule from the begging (when they are vary young), you wont have problems.

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I live by my schedule, then there are no questions....
    I don't have it set to an exact hour, for instance they know when they get home from school they have a small snack, then homework, then playtime, then dinner, then playtime, then bathtime, then bedtime. All of it is finished by 8pm and they are all snoozing........ I keep an eye on the clock and don't rush them around... If dinner runs late or we have to go somewhere then playtime gets leftout. They do know when 7pm comes around it's time for baths.
    We don't do a lot of running around town in the evening, I get my running around done while they're in school. I think being home is important because of homework and then they aren't begging me to go somewhere all the time, like a lot of my friends kids... Then on Friday I try to take them somewhere like the movies or something, it's a special treat then...
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 6:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't be able to function if I didn't have our schedule! It starts from the time my son wakes up until he goes to bed and we have been doing it since he was born. It's nice to have one because it makes the day go by so much smoother and he knows what to expect. If we have plans we try to fit them into our schedule instead of the other way around. Our schedule isn't minute by minute but I try to make sure that he gets his bath every night before bed and that he goes to bed at the same time everynight.
    Anonymous

• Yes, we've always had certain general times for dinner, bath and bed. I'm somewhat flexible, but the general times are always the same. It's been that way since my eldest was a baby.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2009