Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i have to go thru to get married to a citizen of another country/illegal immigrant?

i was just wondering if anyone who knows about this could help me out with some info...if ur gonna leave racist/negative comments, don't leave them at all plz, thanks

Answer Question

Asked by preciosa2008 at 1:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in About CafeMom

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • If they are already in the U.S., I think by your marrying them they automatically become a citizen. I have a friend that married someone from another country, that had came to the U.S. on a temporary visa. When they got married, he became a legal citizen.

    Answer by LimeGreenLady at 1:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • just marry them.

    Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • is the same paper work to get marry to a us citizen, if you planed to make you hubby a legal resident, you have to fill the applications at after married and paid for, can take months, but I recommend to get an atourney is more fast, your partner will recive a 2 years resident and after have to apply again to remove conditions of resident, and later if want to apply for citizen

    good luck



    Answer by nelcazpe at 12:32 AM on Jul. 31, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.