• In the Spotlight:

can you join relationship counseling at age 17??

how would i have my bf go into it with me???
i feel like thats the only place he can find out how things
arent always about him,and he can know my side of the story,
how things are in my eyes when he does something wrong..
he needs to learn how to go into other peoples shoes and know how they feel...

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• your boyfriend sounds like a train wreck from your other posts iv seen!!! im sorry!!! if he isnt willing to go to counsiling with you when you suggest it then he doesnt care that much in the first place!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well to make understand those things... how old is he?! Same age as you?!

Dont get me wrong hon, but you are sooo young, he probably isnt much older. At age 17 i didnt think about counseling at all. Im not even sure that i knew what love is back then.

My husband is 23, 1year younger than i am... he still sometimes is a little selfish, he doesnt care much about others. Its really annoying sometimes. But then i remember: "shit, he is a guy! they need a few years more to grow up than women!" ;))

counseling at age 17 seems kind of strange for me. But if you think it would work out for you guys. go do it. Tell your bf about it. but think about his age first. (if he is as young as i think)... give him some time (a few years) to grow up ;)..

good luck! :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• hes about to be 19 on the 30th..
    i havent talked to him about counseling but i think it could help us both.
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• only reason why i rather join so young is becasue i dont want him to leave this new family.i want him to be here for my son and me because i know he can do it..
    he really doesnt tell me any of his problems which i wish he could..he just stops talking to me until he gets over it....if we had counseling maybe he can let me know whats going on with him through his eyes and we all just can talk to keep this new family together.
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Yes you can get couseling at any age, but if he isn't willing to go or try then it isn't worth the money. You have to want to change to actually change. Sorry hun but that is the truth. Good Luck!
    MNMom247365

Answer by MNMom247365 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2009