What are the fractions within a divided inch .. in order please.

I know that I'm taking a chance to look like an idiot here but .... I'm going to do it anyway and you ladies can think what you like of me. My daughter is taking up sewing and asked me "momma what is the six line on the measuring tape mean?" ... uhm? yeah, I forgot !!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone know where I could find a picture of an inch divided into sections or at least showing what each line in the inch represents. I know the quarters and half obviously but it's those little ones that throw me off and since I don't use it everyday ... I've lost what they actually represent.

HELP LADIES!!

Ok, now you can go ahead and laugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Here's an article that should help explain it all: http://www.wikihow.com/Read-a-Measuring-Tape
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 2:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• in order the smallest is 1/32 and then 1/16, 1/8,1/4,1/2, hope that helps also count the little lines if there are only 16 then dont worry bout the 1/32and the the sixth line is most likely 3/8
    im just going of my mind dont have on near but i got a lot of practice i worked in the fabrice store for four years. HOPE THIS WAS SOME HELP TO YOU AND YOUR DD
    lovelyme1006

Answer by lovelyme1006 at 2:51 AM on Jul. 18, 2008