Im very concerned my baby isnt head down!!! but they wont do an ultrasound!!

How did you know baby was head down???? I mean i feel pressure and all but it doesnt feel the same as my other 3 babies at 40 weeks!! my dr says "he thinks" she is but we will soon find out!!! im furious that they wont do an ultrasound to check so they will know that they have to do a c sec instead of letting me go into labor and then have to have an emergency one!!! im just so upset!!

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• to figure out how your baby is laying in the belly they dont need to make an ultrasound. they can feel it with their hands "pushing" on your belly (dont know the right english words for it, sorry)...

if you are really that worried, then you might want to ask your ob for an ultrasound though. but usually, they dont need an ultrasound.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• He did check but he only gave me the "he thinks" answer and she doesnt feel right to me!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• well feet first doesn't mean a c/s. it is perfectly safe to deliver a footling breach baby vaginally. if you are really concerned pay for an extra u/s at a clinic, or 3-d place.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• also many babies turn during labor.
    celticreverie

• How far along are you?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Am I that slow? Are you 40 weeks?

Mine checked my son with an ultrasound when he was concerned. Maybe he'll check at the hospital. Also, they can sometimes tell by where they find the heartbeat on the tummy
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had a breach baby. It's not that bad. I delivered vaginally and the baby was fine so don't panic.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My baby was breech. And then vertex. And then back & forth a few more times... I have never had ultrasounds with my pregnancies. An experienced care provider is skilled in palpating~ you might want to have someone attend you that can ease your worries and facilitate the safest route, even if this means vaginal breech.

Babies are born breech vaginally every day. If you don't want a cesarean for a (possible) breech then don't have one. Medical school doesn't train OBs how to attend them now, you might need a more qualified attendant like a midwife or older OB. It is a normal variation, not an emergency.

And~ many babies change prior to or at the onset of labor, anyways... No worries! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:06 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• There are certain yoga techniques you can do that should help your baby get into the head down position, you can look them up on youtube, search prenatal yoga
    good luck
    xxPaulaxx

Answer by xxPaulaxx at 6:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My midwife felt the baby and knows she is head down. Try sitting on a yoga ball, it helps to get the baby into position. Also, get on your hands and knees and stay that way for a bit. It should help.
    Anonymous