thinking about breast augmentation...I have LOTS of questions...Anyone?

Saline? Silicone? submuscular placement? submammary/subglandular placement?
I'm excited and scared-have any of you had this done? How long do these last?
Any advise, insight, words of wisdom/warning would be appreciated.
No bashing please :)

lorac0124

Asked by lorac0124 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• hey, you should just find a good Dr. that is a certified plastic surgeon and schedule a consultation. they will answer any questions you could possibly have then they will also let you know things you don't even think about asking.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 6:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• http://implantinfo.org/

Great site.  Tons of information.  Women that really know 'the scoop' on implants.  Pictures you can search to find women of your height and weight to get an idea of what different sizes look like.

I'm going to do it...someday.  That's my 'go to' site when I have questions.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 6:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• If you need a donor I could be the one! LOL
    Best wishes to you.

:)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well i looked into it and decided against it when I found out it would have to be redone in a few years... Yikes, once would be enough.
    Good luck to you
    Anonymous

• I have had it done. No regrets. I would recommend saline bc if it leaks, it can't hurt you. Make sure you are through having kids before you get it done.
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Sub mammary - if and when they need to do a redo you could have breast tissue that sticks to the implant and you will end up smaller than before. My mom had it done and had no option but to have a redo. Her new ones are under the muscle and like a lot of women had to have follow up surgery because they lifted the muscle wall up too much and they weren't even.
    Saline is much heavier than breast tissue. Silicone cohesive doesn't leak like the old bags of silicon. I have considered it on and off for years. I will stick with push up bras.
    I would visit more than 1 plastic surgeon and I would also make sure they really are a plastic surgeon not just a dr who has done the surgery a lot. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I HAVE BEEN ASKING THE SAME ?s AND I HAVE DONE RESEARCH IM PLANNING TO HAVE MINE DONE IN THE SUMMER SALINE OVERFIL UNDER MUSCLE THROUGH CREASE HIGH PROFILES MENTOR? MAYBE 500 FILLED TO A 580 SMOOTH MAYBE TWO OR THREE THINGS WRONG BUT AS SOON AS I GO TALK TO A DR. I WILL TELL YOU
    planchi

Answer by planchi at 8:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Getting mine soon. There are great websites out there. i think a few named some from above. I am going under muscle. probably 360-400 cc. Smooth moderate plus profile saline. Most women do not have to replace them for 10-12 years. Some women have even gone 15-20. You can buy an warranty. Some doctors will not even charge if there is an issue to be re-done.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 9:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009