Does brown spotting at 13 weeks mean a miscarriage.

I am 13 weeks pregnant and noticed a brown spotting once today. It is accompanied by mild almost NON-existant cramps. This has happened only this one time. I have a history of one miscarriage in the past and am worried

hopeful479

Asked by hopeful479 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no my aunt had spotting at 13 weeks and now she has a 17 year old son :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• def. talk to your OB afap.

it can be nothing or something serious. get checked please.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would call the doctor ASAP, with a previous mc it's a valid fear and something that might need to be checked immediately.
    Anonymous

• I would call the OB.. brown blood tends to mean old blood, and spotting is generally not a sign of a miscarriage. BUT I still would call the OB. I had severe bleeding and went to the ER because I thought it was a miscarriage, then I spotted for a month... it was a placenta issue that has resolved.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Brown is usually old blood. Call your doctor about the cramping! ASAP!!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 7:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I went through the same thing and I ended up having placenta previa and had to be put on bedrest, call your doctor!
    Anonymous

• no i did the same thing my daughter is fine
    krazymom2k03

Answer by krazymom2k03 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I'd call the OB if it continues but I agree with the mild cramping. Still, cramps are normal at that stage so don't panic, try to relax between now and the time you see your doc. Obviously, bright red blood is worrisome.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009