I'm looking to buy a new car seat /for my 1 year old daughter but there are so many choices out there I have no idea which one to get. I love the Recaro Signo Convertable Child Seat which is really cute but it is not a removeable car seat which would be very inconvinient since I have to share the car seat with whoever baby sits her when i'm at work. Any suggestions, I want something safe, and of course cute for my lil girl

ll

iri24

Asked by iri24 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • We have the Britax Marathon and love it. It's fairly easy to move, too. I can do it on my own. They come in cute patterns!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 7:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• 1st of all, all car seats have to meet the same safety standards. They all undergo the same testing in order to be on the market, so any seat you go with is going to be safe. Keep a few things in mind while shopping for your next car seat 1.) For safety reasons you must replace your car seat every 5 years. Check the laws in your state to find out when your child will legally be allowed to not be in a booster seat. Here in WA it's under 4'11". Given that, I refuse to buy an "all-in-one" seat. What is the point in spending the extra money when I am just going to have to replace it anways. 2.) You want something that is going to simple for everyone to install, and will easily fit into everyones car. 3.) the comfort of your child, who cares if the car seat is cute, and comes with all the bells and whistels if your child is uncomfortable in it. After all they are the ones who have to use it, not the parents.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• What do you mean by "removeable"? Are you looking for something like the infant seats - something that has a base and you just clip the seat into the base? There is no such thing for toddlers. All toddler seats are one, complete item that has to be installed in the car. Some are easier to install, some harder.

Other than that, they vary on features.
    Some have built in cupholders which are handy but not necessary.
    Some can be reclinded even when the sleeping toddler is sitting in it.
    Some have covers that can easily be removed for washing. Toddlers are messy and potty training accidents occur so this is handy.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I recommend getting what you want for your car, then consider the cosco scerena for the baby sitters. It's RF until 35 llbs and FF after that. Its in the $50 range so is a reasonable second car seat. I have that one in my mom's car. Then you can get a cheap booster when the time comes.
    Anonymous

• Don't go for "cute" go for safe. probably the best seat would be the True fit. Some of the best seats are the britax seats. A lower cost option would be the Evenflow Triumph (which is what we got because we needed 2)
    I would spend your money on a nice seat for your car and then get a less expensive seat for the sitter to use.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Have you checked out the Compass True Fit?
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 9:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2009