HOW..

HOW IS A TWO YR OLD SUPPOSE TO ACT? WHT SHOULD THEY BE CAPABLE OF DOING AND NOT DOING? SHOULD THEY STILL HAVE NAPS? DRINK MILK? BE BAD?
SHOULD THEY BE ON A SCHEDULE? IF SO HOW DO I GO ABOUT PUTTING HIM IN A SCHEDULE I'VE NEVER REALLY HAD A SCHEDULE WITH HIM ITS KIND OF BEEN IF SOMETHING HAPPENS IT HAPPENS IF NOT IT DONT.. UHHG..

NEED SOME ADVICE MY SON IS TWO AND HE'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Children this age need 16-24 oz of milk a day. Usually children drink whole milk from age 1 to 2 and then can switch to 2%, 1%, or skim. Ask your pediatrician.
    As for behaviour, they don't call it the terrible two's for nothing. Two year olds are trying to figure out who they are and what their role is in their world. They test their parents because they're looking for rules, boundaries, and most importantly, consistency.
    Most two year olds are talking, starting to put two and three words together, and beginning to learn letters, numbers, colors, etc.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Speak to your pediatrician. Every child is different. Some 2-year olds need naps, some don't. Speak to your child's doctor. The doctor should be going through milestones with you at each appointment anyway.
    Anonymous

• Mine acts nuts! hahaha Some days are definitly better than others! The being bad thing is totally normal! One minute hes being such a good guy and playing nice, listening to directions, etc and the next day you would swer he was raised by wolves! Other than the nap time, i'm not to big on schedules yet. Naps are a must though! And i always put him down within a 3 hour window of when his nap should be. This gives it some room lets say if he woke up late or early that day. I say noon, with 11 for extra grumpiness/rubbing eyes and 1 if he woke up later or we have been doing errands. Other than that, forget it! I let him drink when he wants, eat when he wants, and play however he wants. Isn't that what being a kid is about? And since he isn't close to being in a schduled setting like pre-school, i don't feel the need to start regulating things just yet.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My two year old is her own person. She takes a nap because I insist. She gets really cranky if I let her get away with it. She is bad sometimes but it usually has something to do with her being bored. She will hit or kick at the dogs. I have the naughty chair and she knows what it is. I tell her to go to the naughty chair for two minutes. Then I ask her to think about what she did bad. Then I ask her to apologize to me and I give her a hug. I tell her she is forgiven and please don't do it again. She listens better if I do not raise my voice. Two year olds are amazing and are trainable. Good Luck and God Bless.                                               pommom335

POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You absolutely should set a schedule for your son. Wake him in the morning around the same time, put him down for a nap every day around the same time, and to bed at night around the same time.
    Create your own routine with him so he learns what to expect at different times of day. For example, my two year old twins know that after supper they get a bath and to get pj's on. They know that when we say "ok, time to brush teeth" that it's time for bed. They know mommy and daddy are going to help them do their teeth, get into their beds, read to them, say goodnight etc. Our schedule is: awake around 6:30 a.m. nap at 1p.m., bed at 7p.m.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009