Is there a difference in Loving someone and being in love with them?

If so what is it?

KallaLilli

Asked by KallaLilli at 6:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• It is hard to explain. When you in love with someone they make you feel so different inside. I love my children and would do anything for them but to be in love with someone, just the thought of them makes your knees weak, makes you smile and if he's in love with you, you can communicate without saying a word (look or sex), it's not from habit, but because you're just so intune with one another that you know them on every level.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Absoultly... I'm in love with my lover... but I love my bestfriends!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 7:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think so, I think it's hard to explain the difference. I guess dtetz said it best. I love my family but i'm in love with my fiance he makes me weak in the knees. lol.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I like what lisa ann p said.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:37 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I think there are all different kinds of love, the love I feel for my daughter is a nurturing (sp?) caring, love. The love I feel for my hubby is a desire/passionate, deep connection in-love. The love I have for my parents is the friendship/trusting love. Love also grows with people and relationships and gets deeper and stronger, thats just me.
    laurenparent

Answer by laurenparent at 10:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I certainly think so. I loved my ex, but was never in love with him. My current DH is the first man I have ever been totally in-love with, head over heels. There's no definitive on love, each person's translation is different.
    moniquesand

Answer by moniquesand at 10:12 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i think there is deff a difference between the two....u can love some one...or be in love....how i knew i had fallen in love with my bf...i wake u thinking about him ..i go to sleep thinking about him...when we spend time together ..after he leave i jsut kinda gotta take a deep breath and let it all sink in for aminute...i kinda get that happy feeling in my tummy...and i duno how to explain it..u have much joy in your heart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• imo, being "in love" with someone includes the lust-type feelings that go with it.. you love them emotionally and physically.. you're in love..

but loving someone emotionally doesn't make you in love with them.

adulation

Answer by adulation at 5:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009