best sippy cup brands with soft, non-spill spout

I'm trying to transition my 17-month old baby from the bottle to sippy cup

lacantante

Asked by lacantante at 1:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I LIKE NUBY SPORTS SIPPERS...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i love nuby also!
    joshismommy

Answer by joshismommy at 2:40 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• nuby is ok but my twins stick their fingers in them and the whole gets to wide i have some by gerber that are prety good
    lovelyme1006

Answer by lovelyme1006 at 2:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Nuby has never been "spill proof" for us and I have the juice and milk stained clothes to prove it :(. Honestly we've tried them all and I've yet to find one with a soft spout that doesn't at least dribble.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:24 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• The nubby are good ones but I did have problems with them leaking. Also advent makes one with a soft spout but I never tried them!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Nuby has been good for me also when my son was just learning how to drink from a cup. They will drip a little bit, but not bad. Later on, my son kept chewing on the spout which really made it leak so I had to change to a hard plastic spout, Nuby also. They work wonderfully when you're ready to transition to a hard spout.
    Curlysigngirl

Answer by Curlysigngirl at 1:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Nuby has been great for us. My son started using it when he was around 9 months, and we still use them at 17 months. They do leak when they've been used after a few motnhs. They are inexpensive though, so we just buy new!
    Ashley232

Answer by Ashley232 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Playtex Makes a tumbler sippy for about $4.00. Walmart carries it. It has been the best *no spill* sippy I have found in three years!! Nuby is great because it is inexpensive, but it still leaks(and I have had many styles of this brand.) I notice that my sons is a stage four, but stage two and three by Platex seem to have options for youe son: http://www.playtexproductsinc.com/infant/CupsByStage.asp Good luck!!
    TMonster

Answer by TMonster at 5:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• the only ones i have that don't seem to leak are the gerber ones...they're white with green or pink tops--the handles are made into the tops, and the spouts are soft. a friend of mine said the baby einstein cups don't leak, but i'm not sure if the spouts are soft on those or not. good luck!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I LOVE THERMOS, YOU CAN SEE ON DIAPERS.COM THEY ARE PERFECTS
    Amelita

Answer by Amelita at 2:47 PM on Jul. 21, 2008