Baby fever....

I have a son who is turning 5 this year and all I seem to do is want another baby. I don't need a baby right now, I know. I'm not in the place I want to be to have another child. But I cannot stop wanting another child. My S/O also has a son turning 5 this year. Why am I craving this so bad? How can I stop thinking about it? Anyone else have this problem or had this problem? How did you handle it?

Mom2Dano

Asked by Mom2Dano at 3:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2012 in General Parenting

• I had only one child. She's in college now. I've been plagued with baby fever ever since. And even then had to leave a military town because of the size of their families and the benefits they got, when I was rejected as single mom (& having prior DD214). Life had tore me apart. My daughter is excelling and working toward med school with a 3.8 gpa. As for myself, I figure that because life has not allowed me to have a second child, my focus and attention is toward the one I have, to find the merit of an education in a downfallen economy, and teach my daughter resilience of civilian life when rules keep changing.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 4:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2012

• ditto Simplicity, its even harder if you have friends/relatives who are pregnant :P I really miss the pregnancy stage and even the newborn stage now that my youngest is almost 3, but we are DONE having kids (dh got fixed) and we really can't afford anymore, but i still wish it sometimes :( I'm not sure how you can stop feeling that way though :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2012

• It's part of being a female.

Even though I don't want to have more children, I still get baby fever.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2012

• its mommy instincts it happens to the best of us
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 30, 2012