Gender check...

Has anyone found out what they were having before 18 weeks? If so how far along were you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was 15 weeks and they said boy, then i had another at 19 weeks and he was still a boy
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yes but if its befor 18 weeks they could be wrong its harder to tell befor that point.
    Anonymous

• I found that I was having a boy at 13 weeks. The tech told me she was about 80% sure and she was right!
    Anonymous

• yeah anon is right
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• anon that said if its before 18 weeks its harder, but it can still be done
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I was 14 weeks
    Anonymous

• it kinda depends on the women and of course how the baby is laying in the belly. im a big woman and had some more fat on my belly so it was hard to see it that early. and then our DD was always hiding it. haha.

i had an ultrasound every week and finally at around 28weeks or so she was 80% sure that it was a girl and i said to my husband: "80% is more than enough, lets get the princess furniture"... thank god the OB was right :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• a women in my august group says that her dr is already telling her he is positive its a boy and she is only 10 weeks, but she had a 4d u/s done. I kinda think 10 weeks is way to early to be sure, but I have never had a 4d done before either.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 7:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• at 14wks dr said he saw something that "looked like girl parts but he wasn't sure..."

aaaaaaand, at 23 wks we find out we're having a boy!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I found out at 12 weeks with each of my three. I had nuchal's with each of them...they took a look to see what they could see. Let me tell you...there was NO mistaking it!!!

However, I was still told "it's a little early so don't paint the room blue just yet".

Yes, right each time.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009