How do you help your child learn to wipe thier own butts? How do you encourage your son to wipe his own butt??

GeminiStar

Asked by GeminiStar at 1:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I had to teach my kids that no one is allowed to touch him there and it took a long time for them to realize that but when my son would come to me or even my daughter i would tell them both that they have to do it or they would get a really nasty owie. It took time but if you keep telling him no you cant he will finally get the picture that hes a big boy and he will slowly but surely do it himself
    my3babies307

Answer by my3babies307 at 3:12 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Kandoo wipes. And teaching proper hygene. (wipe front to back, and wash hands after using the restroom) You have to do it for them a few times so that when you encourage them to do it on their own, they have some idea what to do and how to do it.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 3:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Well first consider that being potty trained and being a solo butt wiper won't come at the same time generally. Poor kids would all fall in!
    Just help him a few times (maybe more considering how little he is on the seat still) then ask if "the big boy wants to try finishing potty on his on?" Or something like that, make him feel good about wanting to do it, like he's such a good big boy and mommys so proud!
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 3:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My SD never wiped right and she always gets yeast infections its so annoying I dont understand she is going on 4 and has been pottyin gon her own for 1.5 years now and she still forgets to wipe and fluch 70 percent of the time she says I went potty but I didnt hear anything so I ask did you wiope and flush and well no of course not how can she not remember
    model4u

Answer by model4u at 3:58 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My oldest two, 7 and 4, show me their underwear at the end of each evening for a treat from their grab bags. We also keep kid wipes you can flush and a water bottle like the kind you get in the hospital or dye your hair with for those messier times.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 3:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• model..she can't remember cuz she's 4. Does she take bubble baths? Some bubble formulas or frequent bubble baths are known to cause urinary tract infections and yeast infection.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2008