What should I ask the dr?

My husband and I have been ttc for 6 months now. Our daughter was unexpected and we didn't think we would have any problems ttc #2. I have now made a Dr's appointment to get checked out, making sure I am in "working order". I know I have gained quite a bit of weight (50 lbs or so) since my daughter was born almost 3 years ago but haven't had any medical issues since she has been born. I have had my period every month since she was born although not always calendar wise regular. What should I expect (I am new to the area never been to this place before nor ever had a ttc check up) to happen during this appointment? Is their anything I should ask or know before going in? I am currently taking Vitex as well as a multivitamin with folic acid I have no family history of having problems ttc, my mom has 5 kids my grandmother had 6 kids, and my other grandmother had 3.

Thanks!

megkel

Asked by megkel at 7:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• just tell him you have been having trouble conceiving and he may try clomid
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• They will probably start with just a sit down consult. No tests right off the bat. When they do test, it will be bloodwork, and possibly monitoring one of your cycles for a month, including ultrasounds to see if you're ovulating correctly. Even if everything is in perfect working order for both of you, any given month only has a 20% chance or less of being successful. Seems like it should be easier, right?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Unless your older or having some other problems, they may not even do any tests or treatments until after you've been trying for a full year. I expect they will talk to you about your cycle and when you have been trying and that sort of thing. They'll probably tell you things you can do to boost your chances of getting pregnant; if they don't volunteer this information this is something you should ask about. I'd also ask at point you should make another appointment if you don't become pregnant.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 9:46 AM on Jan. 16, 2009