Is it ok to use Proactive while preggers?

I heard some skin care products are bad to use when your pregnant?

mommylicious210

Asked by mommylicious210 at 2:02 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Proactive can cause serious birth defects if used during pregnancy.
    LimeGreenLady

Answer by LimeGreenLady at 2:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Pro Active is fine, i used it right now, and so did my sisters and their babies are completely fine. i guess ask your dr :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:50 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• The ingredient in any acne medication that can cause birth defects is salicylic acid. If it doesn't contain that it should be fine, but I would double check with your doctor. If you'd rather be safe than sorry, wash your face with honey. Its antibacterial properties are great at getting your face cleared up. I heard this from a mom and have used it ever since and went from moderately severe acne to *NONE* within 2-3 weeks. The first few days you break out more often (a normal skin detox) and then your face begins to clear up. I've also suggested this to many people and the only person who didn't see it help their skin was a girl who actually ended up being allergic to honey and didn't know it. So obviously don't use this home remedy if you're allergic to honey. It will cause your face to be red for about 5-15m after you wash your face because of the acidity, but you can combat that by mixing it with baking soda and using like a scrub. HTH
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2008