4 month old doesnt want his bottle all of the sudden

My son has been crabbing since 11 this morning. The last time he ate anything was 1 o'clock and I'm starting to get a little concerned he won't take his bottle. He has stopped gaining weight which his doctor didnt seem overly concerned about but it just seems like there is more going on. Anyone have any ideas?

humaniterian87

Asked by humaniterian87 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Might his mouth hurt? Not feeling well?
    My son went on a bottle stike once... but he is primarily breastfed so he would still eat...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Ahh well my son did the same thing at about almost 4 months. He just was real fussy when trying to feed him and then didnt really care to eat. He would go for hours. Not to scare you but this went on until just a few weeks ago and he is now 7 months. We could not figure out why he just dropped off like that and thinking about trying to feed him made me cringe because I know he would scream because he didnt want to eat. Finally I switched formulas from Similac Sensative to Neslte Good Start and now he is eating about 35oz a day when before was only taking about 22if I was lucky. Talk to your ped about it and see what they say.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Its probably teething.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 1:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2009