weird feeling

so my SO is in iraq and coming home soon im so excited
but where ever we talk now he acts diffrent and i get this felling like when he gets home hes gonna dump me or something
and i dont want that to happen cuz i love him very much
im also 34 wks pregnant
so i was thinking maybe it si me being nerves about the baby could this be it???
or am i just being stupid and freaking my self out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• probably just your hormones going nuts!! but just ask him straight b4 he comes home
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 7:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• hmmm this is hard because intuition can be overridden by emotion. I would do as the above poster says and ask him
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would chalk it up to being nervous about how he's going to feel about you with you looking completely different and knowing that you've both grown as people while he's been gone. I wouldn't ask because regardless of what's on his mind right now, when he sees you he's going to fall in love with you and be so inspired by that precious baby. He's likely just nervous too and anxious and worried about how the reunion is going to go (if this is your first baby together, a lot of men are afraid to have sex with women far in the pregnancy and with him being gone so long he might be afraid he will hurt you worse because he hasn't had any in so long) and I don't know what all he saw or did there but a lot of people come back with nightmares etc and it is hard on them and the people they love. Don't look for problems till you have to if you can help it.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:00 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yeah, communication is the key to this kind of stuff

Answer by admckenzie at 8:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I'd suggest against asking him. He's been away from home and in a dangerous area, and he probably has issues to work out. Don't complicate his life by expressing doubts and asking him about relationships. Pay attention and see what you can just find out by listening. And do listen to him. Encourage him gently to talk. If he doesn't want to, and he may not, continue to treat him with great love and gentleness, smiles and hugs.

Answer by Bmat at 9:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• He may have Post Tramatic Stress.There are things he seen and experinced that you may never see nor experince.Because I am a former Marine myself.We are taught not to say much over the phone.Espeically in a combat situtation.That could be the reason he talks the way he does.Not that it should matter,but he also is around his buddies and doesn't want to get all wishy washy over the phone with you.When our hero gets home greet him with the biggest longest hug and kiss.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 4:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2009