is it true that when you have your period you cant take a shower

well i heard that when u have you period you cant take a shower or swim....its good just to sponge bob is it true?bc when you take a showe or swim your period stop for hours and then comes back so its better to sponge your body?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Umm what planet is this rule from?
    Anonymous

• ive nevr heard of that!! i know people dont swim BECAUSE they have there period and dont use tampons.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 7:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• never heard of that
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Thats a new one for me, where in the world did you hear that?

I would not go swimming in the ocean on my period because of SHARKS they can "smell the blood" a mile away.
    You can take a shower, but not a bath because blood will get in the water unless you still have in a tampon then what the point is bathing....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Where did you hear this BS? They got rid of that silly old wives tale about the turn of the LAST century! What do you think tampons were invented for? Take a shower, girl, take a shower!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:51 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Um if women couldnt shower while on there period the world would stink lol .... I can sometimes go a day without a shower but durring that time i shower everyday with HOT water... i hate that crap
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:52 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Duh!eye rolling

Come again? Maybe it is an old wives tale you heard somewhere that is not true yes it stops but that is normal then it comes back.good

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Never heard of that.
    MomnVa

Answer by MomnVa at 8:57 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• YOur kidding right!!?? Seriously you would smell!! It seems like common sense to me!
    LoganNJaidensMa

Answer by LoganNJaidensMa at 9:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• ive never heard this before. i have heard that your period will stop when you get wet but only while you're wet. and its been my experience that it usually stops, but it comes right back once you dry off.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009