should Knoxville be charged?

LOS ANGELES – Authorities detained Johnny Knoxville on Thursday for allegedly bringing an inert grenade into Los Angeles International Airport. After security screeners spotted the grenade in the "Jackass" star's carry-on luggage, a bomb squad determined it lacked a firing pin or explosive. Police say Knoxville was later released and allowed to board an American Airlines flight to Miami.
Prosecutors will decide whether to charge the 38-year-old with bringing a prohibited item into a secure area of the airport, a misdemeanor. An e-mail to Knoxville's publicist was not immediately returned.
Knoxville, whose real name is Philip John Clapp, told officers the grenade was a prop he forgot to remove from his bag, Airport spokeswoman Nancy Castles said.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He should get the same treatment as anyone else- he's nothin' special. Who's handing out wine?
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• With maybe a misdemeanor. i don't think it should be that big of a deal b/c it wasn't capable of hurting anyone and he may have forgotten. I think it was probably done on purpose for shits and giggles. But if they would charge any other man then they should charge him too. Celebs don't get special treatment
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Does anyone on CM not have a misdemeanor? You are aware that is equal to a speeding ticket right?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Thats right Five you tell'em........wait, my tickest are misdemeanors? Yea I said ticketssss...
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Dude, wine is good.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• If I did that I'd be rated a terrorist, sent to G-Bay in Cuba, not given a trial tortured for months
    ----- oh right a celebrity. Yeah well forget it, wine is good
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 10:33 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Dude, wine is good - and she said that it is equal to a misdemeanor. So, I am pretty sure you haven't been thrown in gitmo for speeding...but, hey, maybe you live in a meaner state than me. Just sayin.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Did you not read the question, he was in a secure area at an airport with a grenade without
    a pin, and said it was a prop - - - it wasn't about speeding. I'd go to gitmo and average guy would
    too. Pass the wine bottle
    Anonymous

• Amandal1021 said maybe with a misdemeanor, who knows. I'd suspect under homeland
    security laws that's a felony. With money, attorneys, it's dropped. If it were anyone else you'd
    be off to gitmo after a thorough search. Since he has attorney's pass the wine bottle and take
    an extra swig for the guy that can afford em.
    Anonymous

• Me!
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009