My 7 month old having 6 teeth and 2 more coming, is it fast for a child this age?

I know it may seem like a stupid question, but I'm new mom and just wanted to ask. I'm also asking because alot of people said that my son is getting them pretty fast. Even his pediatrician said he is and thar it could be because of the nursing.

NuMommy87

Asked by NuMommy87 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son got his 1st 2 teeth at 2 mon old and had most of them by 1 no that isnt strange.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My daughter had that many teeth by that age... ITs a good thing get past that teething stage ..the faster the better...:-)
    happymom200

Answer by happymom200 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• it's an old wives tale that says when your child starts to hit mildstones early in life they are moving over for the next one lol.. But it's normal my oldest son went through the same thing. His teeth were comming in, in sets instead of one tooth here and one tooth there. Just try to make him comfortable because by his teeth comming in that fast it can become very uncomfortable for him.
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My SIL's neice was born with 2 teeth. My neice had her first tooth at about 3 months. My son had all 20 baby teeth by the time he was 20 months old. Some babies (read some families) just get their teeth sooner. Some families have babies that hit all their milestones early (like my stubborn toddler who's been in his "terrible twos" since he was 18 months old) and some families have babies that hit the milestones a little later. YES - the teeth are considered "early" by the average age but you have to take into account that an average is made up of "early" teethers and "late" teethers. Milestones are a guideline - not a LAW.

cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2009