How did you tell your mom she was going to be a Grandma?

Looking for creative ways to tell my mom, this will be her first grandchild.

Jules3783

Asked by Jules3783 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sorry, I didnt do anything more than call her and tell her she was going to be a grandma again(my sis had children before me).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:04 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I told her on mother's day. Letting her know that next year that she wouldn't be the only one celebrating.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i heard of someone buying a double photo fram and putting a pic of her and her so in one side and on teh other side a piece of paper that said (photo developing $1.00 frame $3.00 look on your face when you realize there are three people in this picture... priceless) I got my mom a devotional for grandparents and i gave it to her and she was like "Am I supposed to give this to grandma Jo?" and I was like "No its for you" and she says "but I'm not a ... OH MY GOD!" and she started to cry it was awesome
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My Mom had asked me what we should get my sister for her birthday. I answered "How about a niece or nephew?" I was 6 months pregnant at the time. ;) Then my baby was born 2 weeks later. Preeclampsia, bummer. But he was a totally healthy 3 lb. 4 oz. baby boy with no difficulties except keeping his temp up, but he overcame that in 1 week. And yes he came 2 days after my sis's bday, so it was like a present. lol.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 8:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• The first time I got pregnant I just just turned 18 so when I told her, it was in person, and I believe it was the words "it figures" came out of her mouth LOL. (Of course after she was used to it she loved the idea of being Nana) The second time I just called because we we're overseas, and this time I just called again. We are so original :P The best calls were when we knew what we were having, and then having the baby :)

KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I also told my mother on mother's day, but only because that was also the same day I found out I was expecting.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I have a nosy, hard-to-please Mom.

When we found out, my husband and I decided to sell 2 of our 3 horses. I changed my voice mail message to say, "Hey, it's me, if you know me, you know what to do. If you're calling about the horses, please leave a name and number and a good time to reach you! Thanks!"

My mom called, and the not-so-pro-horse-person she is says, "You're getting rid of those flippin' thangs? Good riddance! Why?"

"I don't have much of a choice, Mom."

"Why's that? Hubby decide he's tired of taking on your responsibilities already?"

"No..."

"YOU got tired of taking care of them?"

"No... we have another priority---"

"Spending that money on yourselves?"

"No, we're going to have a baby!"

She asked me ELEVEN (11) TIMES if I was serious or just pulling her leg... and now she won't leave me alone... she wants me to send pictures
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 8:17 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• well i live in nevada and when i found out i was prego i had to fly to arizona to et away and think about what is happening... i spent a week there with my friend.. when i came back i took my mom to a resturant and showed her my test result from the dr about being prego..i said hey mom check this out..so she skimmed through it and said what is this suppose to me.. i said well grandma im prego..lol. she started crying.. it was great
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 8:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• nothing creative... I broke down in tear and said im pregnant(i don't know why i cried:) while she was very exited...
    But I've seen on America's funniest home video this couple wrote a little poem as if its coming from a baby, and gave a card with a poem to a grandma... it was so cute
    also my coworke put a posetive preg. test into jewerly box(from a braclet) and gave it to her hubby:)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• my sister was still pregnant when i got pregnant so i told her that she is gonna be having more then one grandkid coming this year
    Anonymous