need advice on a complicated subject

ok so i am a stay at home mom with no car, my boyfriend has a car but i dont. when we need to do things, like get clothes for him for example, or stuff like that, even when we have no plans, he says " we will see" no promises. i get so angry...how do i handle this without coming across as a bratty cry baby as it seems im throwing a fit for not getting my way.

connorsmommy418

Asked by connorsmommy418 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• HA, I USE TO HAVET HE SAME PROBLEM BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN AND BE LIKE WE HAVE TO DO THIS I'M GOING TO DO IT WITH OR WITHOUT YOU.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I'm afraid that he sounds very controlling. You have to decide if you are willing to live your life like this. The only behavior that you can control is your own. If you are happy then fine, but it seems from your question that you are unhappy and frustrated. Have a quiet talk with him and explain why you are bothered. Put it in terms relating to you, that it bothers YOU that you can't make plans, that it makes YOU feel uneasy and tense and so you can't keep the house up as well as you would like because you are distressed, or whatever you can think of.

Answer by Bmat at 8:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Why are you afraid to talk to him about this? Or how you "come across"? Rather than asking him (who is he? Your dad?) why don't you just say "we're going to go ___, tomorrow." Heck, even get up in the morning and tell him what your plans as a family are for the day.

Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 9:10 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• You need to let him know that you need the car and that if it's too much to ask that you will need to arrange for you two to budget in a 2nd car. You shouldn't have to be trapped in your house waiting for him to come home. We had one car for a long time, and I realized that I needed a car just in case I needed to get out for an emergency or something. Don't worry about what you sound like. You should be able to get around if you want to and he needs to be considerate of your feelings.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:05 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Why don't you just say "honey I am taking you to work because I have some errands to run tomorrow."
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I FORGOT TO ADD, IM NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE HIS CAR
    connorsmommy418

Answer by connorsmommy418 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yeah he is a control freak. I couldn't handle that because it is hard, if not impossible, to fix.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:21 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Sorry, I would get the hell out. How in the world can you let someone control you like that?
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009