Long Story but please help?

OK long story made short Im married but for five months my husband and I were seperated about two months in I dated a guy and got pregnant, NOW me and my husband have reconciled and the "bio" father has been well...less than interested in supportingme...I tell him when the dr's appt are, email, call, I get NO response...my husband has been gracious and wants to "claim paternity" by signing the birth certificate since where we lived the husband is the father legally unless proven otherwise so I wrote the "bio" again and called saying look you dont seem interested do you want out? basically me and his exwife are friendly and I told him Id update him and lets his kids still be in my baby's life if he doesnt want to "be a man"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tell him you want your husband to adopt, if bio or his other children want to take part, don't deny it, but I myself am a child of a similar situation. I don't call my bio Dad, because he didn't want a relationship with me until I was 20 yrs old. If your husband is interested in signing the papers, let him. He sounds like he would be a far better man to be in your child's life anyway.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 8:23 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• (CONTINUED)

But Im not gonna do this alone...he called her and said help me find a good excuse for not calling her etc, hasnt bought anything and wants to involve his gf the equation..Id hate for my husband to claim a child and have it taken ...ANY ADVICE what should DO
    Anonymous

• tell the "bio" that eather he steps up now and helps or he does not get to be apart of the babys life that is wut i had to do no
    iv never been married (so it may be a little diff)
    but i got tired of the babys dad saying he was gonna be there and then leaving
    then he found out my SO (who is in iraq) wants to clame the baby as his
    he said was gonna be there
    and out of the blue just stop talking to me
    i told him eather to step up or never contact me again cuz i had givin him lots of chances it upset me to tell him that but its wut need to be done
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I hope things work out for you and your child. Sorry I don't have any good advice.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• yeah just let him know that if he wants to be involed there will be child support payments for 18 years or he can sign over his rights, im sure he will sign them over esp if he already had children prob cant afford to pay for them all esp one that will have good parents with out him, and just have your husband sign the birth certificate..
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Thanks to you all I spoke with the bio father and he admitted he wasnt interested in being any part of my child's life..while I am sad for him not to know my precious angel I am releived that I can have a normal family life for my child without someone lackluster involved I want my child to be surround by smart people who know they love him/her.....
    Anonymous