Does cooked vegetables cause gas like eating raw veggies?? My 2 mos. son gets gassy after breast feeding

Dawn1000

Asked by Dawn1000 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most veggies make us (babies AND moms) gassy..
    Gassiness is really nothing to be concerned about.. It's actually a good thing, given that most breastfed babies don't poop every day..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 8:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• What makes mom gassy has nothing to do with what makes baby gassy. Breastmilk is made from what passes into mom's blood, not what is in her stomach or digestive track. Neither the gas nor the undigested carbohydrates (whose breakdown can cause gas in mom) pass into mom's blood, so it is impossible for these things to pass into your milk to make your baby gassy. Check out "My baby is gassy. Is this caused by something in my diet?" http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/gassybaby.html

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009