Tu b'Shevat...

What are you serving at your seder?

Asked by rkoloms at 11:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2012 in Holidays

• Rkoloms,

I remember long ago that you said that you didn't believe an a diety (imaginary friend as you termed) organized faith, which Judaism is part of.

Anonymous

• Tu b'shavat celebrates trees and nature. This is something that we embrace. For us, Judaism connects us to our past

It is possible to be Jewish, without believing in a diety. You can learn more here:  http://www.shj.org/affhome.htm

Did you ask your question anonymously because you are afraid of being attacked by strangers? You come across as being cowardly.

Comment by rkoloms (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2012

• I'm making olive tapenade as I do every year. Hopefully this Holiday won't be dampened by my feeding problems I having with Tovah.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2012

• Nothing like being attacked for asking a simple question. I'm not Jewish but I wish you well in your celebration!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2012