would you say somthing to this kid?

our neighbors are HORRIBLE!
party all the time its just annoying. anyway their youngest son is 11 and he is always RIGHT outside of our apt cussing like a sailor. his apt is not right here where he stands and does this. my nieces and nephews come over and we do not want them to hear that stuff or catch on or be around a kid like that.
its not just a little "shit" here or "crap there"... its a f*ck you , you mother f*cker, ill f*ck your a*s up and beat the sh*t out of you"...

hes elevan!!! would you say something to him? like go somewhere else with that.
this kid is like thebully of the apts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• he's not your child. it is not your place to say anything/discipline him. Contact your apartment manager and handle it in a proper adult manner if it bothers you.
    Anonymous

• As an adult I would address the parents first!!!! Talking to the 11 year old is only going to get you a good cussing from him. If the parents can't get the situation under control I would talk to the owner of the apt. building. You pay your rent there and your children should not be subjected to the filth coming out of this childs mouth.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 8:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• i would address his parents, kids like that dont give a rip what you say, they will just go right back to what they were doing and saying.

americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• We have the same problem at our condo. Since he is 11 I would politely ask him to not cuss but if he continues then I would go have a talk with the parents. I have done this before with one of the neighborhood kids and the parent was very grateful for bring it to her attention.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:41 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• talk to his parents?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• they let him get away with it they dont care they are very loud people and just yel and argue with you.
    Anonymous

• This is what I have done (and would do again)...
    Step out on my balcony, and very loudly say "HEY! YOUR right to free speech ends at MY ears! Cut the trash talk - NOW!"
    I have never been retaliated at for it, and usually the "kids" just move on to another area.
    IF they were to give me any issue I would take their picture (with my phone visible) and let them know it is for the police to be able to ID him.
    *Again this is me, and not a solution for everyone.*
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 9:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would tell the kid to shut up and I would try to get the family kicked out.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:35 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Oh yeah, I would say something. "You shouldn't talk like that, but if you insist, get away from our space and do it. If you don't, I'm going to talk to your folks, or the police."
    Anonymous