HI IM IRIS IM 27 YEARS OLD AND I JUST FOUND OUT IM PREGO AND I ALSO FOUND OUT I HAVE FIBROIDS. ANY ADVICE SHOULD I BE WORRIED . AM I CONSIDERED A HIGH RISK PREGHNANCY.

MS.SWEETFACE27

Asked by MS.SWEETFACE27 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hi Iris-My name is Meeka & my situation is the same as yours. I originally found out about my fibroids b4 I had my 1st son. When I became pregnant because of the size of the fibroids I was put on bedrest for a couple of weeks & they considered me high risk (my age also factored in that decision-I was 37). After I had my son the fibroids stop bothering me so I left it alone. Well I'm pregnant again & the fibroid is still there but since I don't have any complications I am not considered high risk. I must also say that with this pregnancy I am alot more relaxed than with my 1st one. I make sure to go to all my checkups & sonograms & I talk to my midwife about all my concerns & questions. My suggestion to you is to talk to your ob/gyn & get straight facts that you can rely on. Write down all your questions for your dr & do plenty of research.May you have a wonderful pregnancy & take care.
    Tamaiiko

Answer by Tamaiiko at 9:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009