toddler wants to run around naked

admuncy

Asked by admuncy at 8:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is my 3 year old son there? lol. mine will be in pants on min and he will come running out with no pants on just his bum runs by you. but he only does it at home. i think its normal. whats not normal is when my son pushes his pee pee in and says weres the pee pee? THERE IT IS! lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I don't see harm in your own home, unless she uses the bathroom around the place. And as long as she leaves her clothes on outside the home other than in a private yard, perhaps. She'll find out it is chilly to not have clothes on, or that she sticks to the leather sofa or something.

Answer by Bmat at 8:53 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My ds used to run around our house naked and it drove my MIL crazy when she would visit but made potty training MUCH easier! I didn't make a big deal out of it he out grew it and went into the nobody can see him naked phase then when he turned 14 stopped wearing clothes in the house again! I had to buy him a 1/2 robe so he would stop walking out of his room in a sheet!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My daughter does this and she is almost 3. It bothered me some at first, but I remembered my niece and nephew doing the same thing. I quit trying to keep clothes on her when she felt like doing this, too much trouble and only wore me out. I am so glad I dont have carpet so if she pee's on the floor, its not a huge deal. That has happened about 3 times, so not a lot. Good luck, its a phase that my dd has been in for about a year now, I'm hoping things really change the coming year.
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• This is common for toddlers. The only thing you can really do is to start to teach them rules of when they MUST wear clothes but give them some times when they don't have to.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My youngest just turned 2 and she is always taking off her clothes.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:07 AM on Jan. 16, 2009