What does this mean??? Not fun but I like yall better-hehe

Ever since my great gma died(sept 5) i have been "day dreaming" about my family dying. She had everything planned(except givin the minister 50 bucks to do her funeral) and I have been really worried. I cant go 1 day without thinking this stuff. I mean I ask my DH all the time "how am I supposed to do all ur arrangements etc.". He thinks i am paranoid. I dont remember much from her funeral. I really broke down. She lived with me for over 2 years and helped raised me. I dont know if I need to go to a dr over this or what. I cant sleep anymore or anything. I worry about how im gonna be able to do things if they pass, or how im gonna get over the fact of another relative dying. I have most of my fam left(my great gma and gma from my dads side died when I was 6 from cancer) and I dont know what to do. Any one ever go through this or am I paranoid

aDIVASmommy

Asked by aDIVASmommy at 9:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• talk to a therapist im sorry you're going through this
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:14 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would also suggest talking to a therapist or your DR about this. It's not uncommon for people to really start worrying or thinking about death or the death of family members when you lose someone you love. But worrying about this constantly is going to drive you insane and is not good for anyone. Although we would love to, we cannot control when someone passes away and you need to realise that. Make sure you and your DH have a will, stateing in the will who will take care of your kids should you pass, your funeral arrangements and your wishes. That's really all you can do. But having some death anxiety is natural and it will pass, but if it does not seem to start fadeing away to some point then you need to seek some medical attention. Live everyday as if it were your last...... it will make you a better person to.
    I am sorry for your loss and I hope you find some sort of relief from this worrying.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Be patient with yourself. Everyone grieves at their own pace. It may take many more months before you are feeling closer to normal. It is also normal to worry about what you'll do if someone else passes away. Rather than worry, take action. Go to each person and explain your worries and your fears. Ask them to write up their desires and plans for their passing. If they don't do it within an acceptable time period, say a week or two, meet with them paper pad and pen in hand and get them to talk about their wishes and what preparations they've made and who their lawyer is and what funeral home, church, etc. You must take action since you are suffering and fearful. You can do it! And your family will be better off because of it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Grieving is a normal process. But when your grieving continues for an "extended" amount of time and it is INTERFERING with your life then it is abnormal. I would recommend you see your family doctor or therapist if it continues to be an issue every single day for you.

I am so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I wish you the very best.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:24 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• oh my gosh, I'm so sorry=( I know how you feel. My great grandmother died when I was 18, and I started dreaming things like that. They did eventually go away, and I talked to family and close friends about what I was feeling. It's really hard to lose someone you were really close to, my great gma and my mom raised me. we moved to another state when I was 11, and she got really sick when I was 13. my mom and I would go down every summer and take care of her until the year she died. I miss her every day.
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 9:35 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I don't know if this would help or hurt, but have you considered actually making the arrangements or asking him to make them for himself? One of the best things my father has done for me was planning for and paying for his own funeral. That way I know his wishes are going to be carried out the way he would have wanted and that when I'm grieving I wont have to think about it or worry about the money. I will simply be able to attend my father's funeral. It really is hard on the families. I really do want to get my SO and I to sit down and do the same thing for our kids so nobody has to worry about it when its time.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 15, 2009