how do I start the potty training process. My 2 year old daughter knows what th epotty is and what you do there but I can not get her to do it. She comes to me when she messes her diaper and tells me to change it but wont go to the potty

Potty Training

happymom200

Asked by happymom200 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you started any kind of reward system with her? Like potty charts with cool stickers, or M&M's when she goes potty? Does she go to the bathroom with you when you go? She may need some type of reward that gets her excited to go to the potty. Or she just might not be ready yet.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:32 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Telling you she wants a clean diaper is helpful but is NOT a sign for being ready to potty train. Newborn babies tell you they are dirty and want a change too.

So, what can you do to speed her along? 1 of 2 things:
    Either wait until she is ready
    OR
    Take her very often and put her on the potty. With luck, she'll go at some point. After a few such "successes", she'll get the idea.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 15, 2009