• In the Spotlight:

how do i tell my parents that im pregnant?

how do I tell my step momma that im pregnant and only in the 11 grade? i told her once that i have had sex but she didnt do anything. and im really worried? any suggestion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sit her down and talk to her, be honest nut the longer you wait the harder on you it will be
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 2:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• This is a super sensitive subject that I sort of have experiance with. I was 17 when my blessing was conceived.
    Now, I'll tell you how I told my mom and maybe that will help. (please don't laugh)*sometime in july right before our family vacation to the beach My mom and I were the only ones home, cleaning the house and discussing the sleeping arrangements of our trip. Our whole family would be sharing 1 hotel room on the beach. Now, I kid you not this is word for word what happened.
    In the midst of my mom vaccuming and me doing something upstairs, the power goes out. Not just for a short time either, it was a blackout for the whole block that lasted 3 hours. So, I come downstairs and everythings super quite like only a power outage can cause and my mom is just chillin on the couch... So I go and sit opposite her. (awkward silence) "Mom, I need to talk to you..."

mom-"Okay."
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 3:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• "Theres something I need to tell you that I had planned on waiting for after vacation but since we'll be staying in the same hotel room I have to tell you before now because you'd notice anyways..."

mom-"Oh no...(tears in eyes) Hannah How could you?"

"Wait, what do you think I did?"

mom-"You got a f**king tattoo on your beautiful skin!!! AHhHhHH...."(Crying now)

"What?(trying not to laugh)No mom, listen, I didn't get a tattoo... yet. No, mom... I'm pregnant."

awkward silence

mom-"Oh... Well I can't be mad at new life. But you know things are going to be so hard and you have no idea what you're getting into and......" so on and so forth.
    Hannah-Belle

• Well, you do need to sit down and tell her ASAP. The sooner you tell her the better. It may be hard, but as Hannah-Belle gave her example, some moms may surprise you and give you a total opposite reaction than the one you were expecting. Drink lots of water. Take a prenatal vitamin. Get some prenatal care. Ask your step-mom to be involved, and dont hesitate to ask her advise. Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 3:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Now my daughter is 3 months old, I've lived in my own place for almost a year and my parents BEG me to come over so they can love on the baby, I laugh so hard when I think of when I had to tell my mom. Now, thats not to say that it'll be easy, good lord was it hard to look at my parents for months! They were so disappointed and mainly just didn't want me to jeopardize my life but how could they hold a grudge forever when I obviously work so hard, I'm the best mom I can be, I'm a responsible adult and they get to spoil my daughter? Just let them know how hard you're going to try being the best person you can be, and you realize life is drastically changed but you're still the same daughter that they love but now you get the blessing of being a mother yourself. Some women try for years to have a baby and never get that chance. Just don't take the situation for granted, pregnancy is scary and motherhood is scarier. But I wouldnt change a thing about my life :)
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 3:28 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• JUST SIT HER DOWN AND TELL HER ,SHE BE MAD THAN SHE WILL HELP YOU AND BE BY YOUR SIDE ALL THE WAY
    monches

Answer by monches at 3:37 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• you should just be honest and dont wait to long cus before you know it your delivering the baby! if it makes you feel better i was 15 when i had my first daughter
    jude_503

Answer by jude_503 at 3:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I was 17 when I had my first. You know your mom better than any of us do. I'd say be honest and forethright. Don't dance around the subject, 'cuz that just adds suspense. You might want to prep her, something like, "I've got something big to tell you . . . " Or something.
    You should be prepared to tell her who the father is and what your plans are for the future. Also, try and brace yourself for her reaction. People sometimes act out of character in times of stress. Just keep that in mind. Remember to breath. :)
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 7:21 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I actually told my dad first, who relayed the message to my mom. Of course I still had to tell her but it was easier since I was less afraid of telling my dad. I was 18 and in college, but my parents are Christians (my mom is an especially strong believer) and so that made it harder. It was really funny the way it happened though. I took the test on a Friday morning and was still wondering how to tell my parents, if I was going to wait until I was at least past 12 weeks for the miscarriage factor or if I should go ahead and get it over with or what, and before I could even wrap my brain around the idea, saturday morning comes bright and early with a text message from my dad. And I kid you not it said " Are you pregnant? I had a really strange dream last night that you were."
    hem0036

Answer by hem0036 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Of course I thought it through for a few more hours cause it was still early and I could pretend to still be asleep, but I decided calling my dad would be better, and so I did, and he said he knew because I was calling and not texting that I was. Telling my mom was a little harder but I did it shortly afterwards. It was a little difficult and they were upset and suprised especially since I had only been dating the guy for like 2-3 months, but they said they would help me and support me and have done so all throughout my pregnancy so far. (i'm due in october) but however you do it, just remember, you may be a junior in high school, but this baby will make you a parent too, so she may be your mom, but you are also a mother now.
    hem0036

Answer by hem0036 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2008