ganglion cyst

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this. I have one now it's a pain in my butt. After they drained it did it come back?? I have started to apply warm compresses to it but it only seems to irratated it more. My dr told me that it's sitting right on the joint in my wrist.

Princessstar024

Asked by Princessstar024 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Health

• Those are very common with servers due to carrying the food tray with a bent wrist. I hope it goes down soon and the pain is better!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:31 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Thank you. I am a Chef and it's really starting to affect what I do. And especially when I need to grip things or worst of all shuck oysters. It feels like my hand is trying to freeze up on me.
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Oh, no....that is totally interfering with your life then! You know...if it's not better in the amount of time your doctor has prescribed then go back. Nothing is worse than constant pain that interferes with daily living. I might would do a little research on the Internet (or talk with doc) about options such as surgery or aspiration....knowledge is power....and it might make you feel better knowing what to expect.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:48 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My younger sister had one. She had surgery to have it removed. I'm not sure if she ever had it drained prior to deciding on surgery, although I would think she would try that first. I hope draining it takes care of things for you.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 15, 2009