Has anyone had their gallbladder taken out?

I have gall stones and have to get mine taken out next week and I'm just curious of what to expect when I have the surgery?

tannersmomkw08

Asked by tannersmomkw08 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Health

• Everyone reacts different to surgery. I was a little sore and tired. I drove the next day to my son's school for his Halloween party.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 9:36 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Well, I was 21 when I had mine done. Honestly the stones and pain from it was worse than recovery. The only thing I couldn't do was lift heavy items, it did hurt a bit. But I was up in a couple of days.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I was much more sore that I expected and recovery took longer...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 9:44 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My best friend has had one and I work in an outpatient surgery clinic, so I've read tons of operative reports on them =) My friend said the recovery (pain-wise) was a little worse than when she had breast reduction surgery, which shocked her. She was back to normal in 3 days though.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I had mine out last June. I was very sore for a little over a week, but I had a c-section that April. I think it was to much for my body to handle. Just take it slow and try not to lift anything heavy or it will take you so much longer to feel better. Believe me you will be so relieved that it is out. Good Luck!!!!

P.S Be prepared to have trouble with IBS.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 16, 2009