My 1 yr old son has pnemonia

I already know he has this, and we have the medication, but does anyone know of any things that could make him feel a little better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Rest and fluids. I would not keep the house too warm....that can make coughing worse. I'm sorry he is a sick little guy....bless his heart.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:29 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• My eight year old has it right now too!. I am so sorry. I have just kept him in the house and kept him on motrin and tylenol around the clock for the fever.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 9:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Even with pneumonia the airways need to be open as much as possible to make it easier for your child to breathe. A cool mist vaporizer can be used to help put moisture in the air. My daughter has had pneumonia several times and using the cool mist vaporizer is a must with us. Is your child on Albuterol? Something to help the airways remain open and not inflammed. Stay away from milk products right now because it will thicken the mucus and cause more drainage. Clear fluids, warm soup broth, and lots of love and attention. If your child is running a fever use tylenol or motrin but do not wrap him up. Because the more layers he has on the more contained the fever will be within his body. Good luck and I hope your little one gets better soon!!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Another thing, if at all possible, raise the head of the bed or mattress. I know this can be somewhat dangerous or difficult to do if the baby is still in a crib though. My pediatrician told us when my oldest son had pneumonia to keep the head of the bed elevated so that the airways stay more open because their noses don't get so congested. It helps them sleep easier.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:28 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my kids were always sick - this year they are less sick. I give them 1 oz of bb - a whole food liquid organic supplement. Endorced by over 6000 doctors - I haven't had to give them breathing treatments in 9 + months and my middle son suffered from chronic diahrea since he was 1 1/2 and he has gained 2 lbs in 3 mon. and is 95% better.

my web-site www.Healthy4body.com I give them 1 oz a day. there is also a live doctors call every thursday night - I can give you that information as well just pm me.

I also had 15 years of abnormal paps - I just got a normal one. I have been taking 4 oz for 11 mo.

Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 1:25 AM on Feb. 21, 2009