Constipation

Father of child has child for a matter of hours during beggining of his visitation & claims she is haveing a hard time "going" the first try on the potty.Should there be a good reason to put on a rubber glove & remove poop from your daughters rectum? What would your reaction be if your daughters father had done this?

jellybeangreen

Asked by jellybeangreen at 9:30 PM on Jan. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Well, it is a way to get the stool out... we do it sometimes in the hospital. But unless he is in healthcare, I wouldn't think he would know how to do it.
    Are you concerned about abuse?
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:34 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would be pretty upset about it. If I were that concerned with my child being constipated (and might I add it would take much longer than a few hours for me to become concerned about constipation) I would try a multitude of other things, including taking her to the doctor or even the ER, before trying to manually remove it myself.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I would also be concerned about it. It's not something I would think to do for my kids. I mean, like the post above said, it takes a bit longer than a few hours before you should be concerned about constipation to that extent. Have you discussed your concerns with him? Let him know that you are not ok with it in any situation.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:34 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• you've asked this question like 9 times already..havent you got enough ppl telling you yet its wrong?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2009